Close Menu ×

Police Department

Home » FAQs » Police Department

Go to your local District Court. The court will provide you with paperwork to bring back to the Police Department.  Once we received the paperwork we will attempt to serve it in a timely manner.

Checks and money orders can be made out to the “Town of Old Orchard Beach”.

Yes.  Please visit Old Orchard Beach’s MuniciPay, an online payment system, to pay your parking ticket online.  For any questions, please call the Police Department at (207) 934-4911 and ask to speak with the Parking Supervisor.

You may contact a Captain at (207) 934-4911 to file a complaint or commendation.

No.  Although some municipalities do allow this, the Town Of Old Orchard does not.  Please speak with the Parking Enforcement Supervisor for more information.

The Police Department employs a Records Officer.  For any police report (other than an accident report), you can call us to speak with the Records Clerk, Monday through Friday.  There is a small fee associated with obtaining report copies.

Recently the State of Maine has done away with the traditional “48 hour” accident report form that an officer used to give to the involved parties after an accident.  If your insurance company request a copy of the report from you, you may advise them that the Old Orchard Beach Police Department took an accident report.  They will call us, and we will release the report to them, at no cost to you.  If you would like a copy for your own records, you may get a copy, but there is a $10.00 fee associated. Call the Police Department at (207) 934-4911 for more information.

The Old Orchard Beach Police Department will take fingerprints for employment purposes for residents and travelling nurses that are residing in Old Orchard Beach, all must provide proof of residency.

Please do not call the Old Orchard Beach Police Department to find out if school has been canceled.  The Old Orchard Beach School Department will notify television and radio stations to air any delays or cancellations.

The police department is busy with emergency calls such as accidents and vehicles off the roadway.  By calling the police department with a non-emergency question, you may be delaying or preventing someone in need from obtaining the proper assistance they require.

When you experience a power outage in your home, please contact Central Maine Power.  The Old Orchard Beach Police Department is unable to provide assistance as to when the power will be restored.

Requests for criminal/driving records must be directed to:

State Bureau of Identification
Maine State Police
36 Hospital Street
Augusta, ME 04330

You may obtain a permit to move an uninspected motor vehicle from the police department.  A 1-day permit may be issued to you to move an uninspected motor vehicle to an inspection station only.  When you come to the station, please have your license, registration, and insurance card.

Yes. This could be considered a home occupation, which is classified as a conditional use by the Zoning Ordinance (§78-1267). Home occupations require review by the Planning Board as a conditional use (§78-1238). This process includes a public hearing and site walk and typically takes three months, but may take longer depending on the complexity of your proposal.

Please contact the Planning Department for more information and to obtain a Conditional Use application.

Yes. Many projects proposed in our downtown districts require review by the Design Review committee. There are seven design review performance standards that may or may not apply to your proposal. For more information on the DRC process and to find out if your project requires review, please contact planning staff.