Close Menu ×

2024 Elections

Home » Department » Elections By Year » 2024 Elections


june 11th, 2024 State Primary, Special Municipal Referendum, RSU #23 Budget Validation Referendum. Voting will be at the Old Orchard Beach High School from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.

You can request an absentee ballot by calling the Town Clerk’s Office at 934-4042, coming into Town Hall, or going online through the Secretary of State’s portal

For the Notice of Amounts adopted at the RSU #23 Regional Budget Meeting on May 14th, 2024, click here.

Sample Democratic State Primary Ballot

Sample Green Independent State Primary Ballot

Sample Republican State Primary Ballot

Sample RSU #23 Budget Validation Referendum Ballot

Sample Old Orchard Beach Referendum Ballot


Ballot Access for the Presidential Primary. Click here to read about your ballot options?

Democratic Presidential Primary Ballot

Republican Presidential Primary Ballot

“This year marks the beginning of Maine’s shift to Semi-Open Primaries.  If someone is enrolled in a specific party, they may only vote in that party’s primary. If someone is unenrolled (has no party affiliation), then they can vote in any ONE party’s primary of their choice. This applies to the Presidential and State Primaries.

Each qualified party had until October 1, 2023, to file a certification with the Secretary of State to participate in the Presidential Primary. The Democratic Party and the Republican Party filed this certification and will participate in the Presidential Primary election, but also will hold caucuses for conducting other party-building activities. The Green Independent Party and the Libertarian Party chose not to participate in the Presidential Primary election. They will instead hold party caucuses for voting for the Presidential candidate and conduct other party-building activities.” (Secretary of State’s Upcoming Elections memo dated 12/06/2023)

For Old Orchard Beach registered voters, if you would like to know how you are registered to vote (Party or Unenrolled (i.e. Independent), please call us or e-mail me and we will let you know, kmclaughlin@oobmaine.com

If you want to change parties or unenroll, there is a 15-day wait period (as long as you have been in your current party for 90 days).  You will not be able to come to the polls on election day and change your party.

ABSENTEE BALLOT requests have begun. You can call us or go onto the Secretary of State’s secure website to request a ballot. Ballots will be available the first week of February and mailed out at that time. At that time, you can also come into Town Hall and take one home or vote in person.

Secretary of State’s secure website: https://apps.web.maine.gov/cgi-bin/online/AbsenteeBallot/index.pl
You can also track your ballot through this webpage. If you use this website, it will ask you the “Ballot Type Requested”, asking if you are an “Enrolled Voter” or “Unenrolled Voter”. If you are Unenrolled, a dropdown list will show the selection of Democrat or Republican. If you are enrolled in a party, even if you select unenrolled, you will receive the ballot for the party you are registered with if they have a ballot.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us (934-4042) or e-mail me.
As we get closer to the election, and we receive the ballots from the Secretary of State’s Office, I will be placing the ballots on our website and e-mailing a link to all of you.