We are working to provide as much up to date information as possible.
As the Town Emergency Management team continues its work to respond to the evolving circumstances related to the COVID-19 pandemic we have identified four key priorities with regards to Town operations during this unparalleled situation:
- The safety of our residents, especially the seniors in our community and those residents with underlying health issues which make them particularly vulnerable to illness.
- The safety and well-being of our employees,
- our first responders, so they can continue to serve and protect our community
- our front-line employees who routinely interact with customers at the counter, in the field, or in program services
- all employees as they carry out their job responsibilities on a daily basis.
- Urging everyone to follow and practice at home and at work the healthy practices of regular and thorough hand washing, use of hand sanitizer, and frequent sanitizing of surfaces or objects that are commonly used by different people.
- Implementing “social distancing” policies and practices as recommended by the U.S. Center for Disease Control (CDC). Social distancing involves limiting mass gatherings, not congregating in large groups, and maintaining distance from others to limit the ability of the virus to spread.
With these priorities in mind, we are actively considering further policies and plans to maintain a safe workplace, protect the well-being of residents, and help maintain social distancing. This is a constantly evolving situation and updates will be provided as needed. We recognize that this is an unprecedented time and circumstance and ask your patience and understanding as we all respond to this health crisis.
It can be overwhelming to listen to all the news reports and try to understand the facts. We at the Town are using the Federal and State Center for Disease Control websites to make the decisions we feel best protect our staff and residents.
We will continue to update this page as information is available.
Thank you and please practice social distancing but remember that you are not alone in this-we are all in it together and we will get through it.