Skip Navigation



This table is used for column layout.
  • Town Ordinances
  • Meeting Videos
  • FEMA flood maps
  • GIS Mapping & Parcels
  • Contact Us
  • Subscribe to News
Police Frequently Asked Questions

Q:  Can I pay a parking ticket over the phone or on-line?
A:  Yes, you can call 207-937-5805 and the Administrative Assistant will 
process your payment,(she is available Monday thru Friday 8am to 4 pm).
There is a fee of $3.00 for processing online payments. There is a link on the
Towns website to make the payment yourself.

Q:  Who do I make the check or money order out to for a parking ticket,
or kennel fee?
A:  The check can be made out to "The Town of Old Orchard Beach".

Q:  Is the first parking ticket in Old Orchard Beach waived?
A:  No.  Although some municipalities do allow this, the Town Of Old Orchard
does not. To speak with the Parking Enforcement Supervisor please
call 207-937-5850

Q:  How do I obtain a Protection Order?
A:  Visit your local District Court.  Here you will be able to apply for an order.  If
you or the defendant live in Old Orchard Beach, the court will provide you with
paperwork to bring to the Police Department. If the order is based on assaults
that are occurring please notify the Police of the crimes occurring.

Q:  How do I obtain a copy of a police report?
A:  The police department employs a records officer.  For any police report
other than an accident report you can call  937-5816 to speak with the records
clerk, Monday thru Friday 7am-3pm.  There is a small fee associated.  

Q: How do I obtain a copy of my accident report.
A:  Recently the State of Maine has done away with the traditional "48 hour"
accident report form that an officer used to give to the involved parties after an
accident.  If your insurance company request a copy of the report from you,
you may advise them that the Old Orchard Beach Police Department took an
accident report.  They will call us, and we will release the report to them, at no
cost to you.  If you would like a copy for your own records, you may get a copy,
but there is a $10.00  fee associated. Call 207-937-5805

Q:  Where can I get my fingerprints taken?
A:  The Old Orchard Beach Police Department will take fingerprints for
employment purposes provided you have your own fingerprint card.  
The fee is $5.00

Q:  How do I find out if School has been canceled?  
A:  Please do NOT call the Old Orchard Beach Police Department to find out if
school has been canceled. The Old Orchard Beach School Department will
notify Television and Radio stations to air any delays or cancellations. The
police department is busy with emergency calls such as accidents and vehicles
off the roadway. By calling the police department with a non-emergency
question you may be delaying or preventing someone in need from obtaining
the proper assistance they require.

Q:  Who do I call when I have a power outage in my neighborhood?  
A:  When you experience a power outage in your home, please contact
Central Maine Power. The Old Orchard Beach Police Department is unable to
provide assistance as to when the power will be restored.

Q:  How do I obtain my criminal record?  
A:   Requests for criminal/driving records must be directed to:

        State Bureau of Identification
        Maine State Police
        36 Hospital Street
        Augusta, ME 04330

Q:  How do I obtain a permit for operating an uninspected motor
A:  You may obtain a permit to move an uninspected motor vehicle from the
police department. A 1 day permit may be issued to you to move an
uninspected motor vehicle TO AN INSPECTION STATION ONLY.  When
you come to the station, please have your licence, registration and insurance

Q:  How do I file a formal complaint or commendation against or for an
A:  You may contact the Deputy Chief of Police to file a complaint or commendation.  He can be reached via email at