QUALIFICATIONS FOR TOWN BOARDS AND COMMITTEES
Per State Law, Title 30-A, section 2526, subsection 3:
- Must be a resident of the State of Maine.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be a United States Citizen.
Per Town Ordinance, Division 2. Rules for Advisory Boards and Committees:
- Each appointee shall have his principal place of residence or shall be an owner of real estate property located in the town for the length of his term.
- The spouse of any member shall not be appointed to serve on the same committee, and no appointee shall serve on more than two committees at any one time.